What We Offer
There are many incentives to contribute to open source software. We believe money can be one of them.
By using the Open Collective platform, our hosted organizations can easily raise funds, pay or reimburse contributors, share financial administration, and publish their finances openly.
We take care of invoices, bank transfers, tax filings, contracts, and legal issues. As a fiscal sponsor, we help open source communities focus on the work they love to do rather than the work they have to do.
In addition to being our projects' legal and financial home, we provide:
- Administrative support for organizations participating in funding campaigns or support programs. More.
- Provide fundraising, budgeting and grantmaking tools
- Integrate with GitHub Sponsors, adding your sponsors to your balance each month.
- Register as a vendor to and invoice your corporate supporters
- Register and hold trademarks on behalf of your project
- Provide virtual debit cards linked to your project’s balance that you can use online
With over 3,000 registered projects, we are one of the largest fiscal host organizations in the world. We are here to represent you, your community, and the broader ‘open source’ movement in conversations that impact our work.
We provide forums to learn from one another, help one another, and work to solve the challenges that our community faces. We do this through events, forums, debate, and mentorship programs.
We continue to experiment with ways and reasons to contribute to open source projects, partner with individuals and organizations to build capacity and develop skills within projects, and work with institutions to bring the benefits of open source to under-resourced communities.
Whether you lead an open source project or a team looking to sponsor projects, we offer a range of flexible ways to manage your money. We can work with and alongside other foundations, charities, and organizations to give you more freedom in how you choose to manage your projects.
Through us you can:
- Manage the financial support of multiple open source projects in a single place with Open Source Collective acting as a single ‘supplier’ to your organization.
- Support projects instantly on a one-time or recurring basis using a credit card, PayPal, or electronic bank transfer. More.
- Issue gift cards to your staff, which can be used to contribute on behalf of your organization.